Epigenetic training course: « Initiation to chromatinandmethylated DNA immunoprecipitation»
Chromatin and DNA modifications, i.e. epigenetic modifications, are involved in the control of gene expression. This course provides a theoretical introduction to the field of epigenetics as well as a practical training to learn the main bases of the methods for studying these epigenetic modifications.
- Acquire the theoretical and practical bases necessary to analyse chromatin, chromatinian proteins and DNA methylation using chromatin immuno-precipitation (ChIP) and DNA methylation (MeDIP).
- Epigenetics and chromatin: post-translational modifications of histones, chromatin remodelling complexes.
- Methylation and hydroxymethylation of DNA.
- Epigenetic diseases.
- Methods to analyse epigenetic modifications.
- qPCR for ChIP and MeDIP.
- Introduction to ChIP-seq.
- Chromatin and methylated DNA immunoprecipitation experiments from 3T3 cells (cross-linking, chromatin extraction and fragmentation, DNA extraction and fragmentation, immunoprecipitation, qPCR, analysis of results).
PEDAGOGY, METHODS AND TOOLS
- Practical training.
- Teaching materials, bibliography and documentation are given to the participants.
- Teaching method adapted to acquire the strategic tools.
- Teaching of the latest developments in epigenetics.
- Instructors: Professor of Genetics and Researcher, experts in epigenetics.
- Internship organized in collaboration with Diagenode
Competency Development Action Category:
Formation: Professional training.
Field: Molecular genetics.
Duration: 5 days.
Number of participants: from 8 to 16.
Price: 2 185 €
Campus Pierre et Marie Curie- Paris (Jussieu).
Schedule: upon request
Public :Technicians, engineers, researchers, teachers-researchers, doctoral students.
Pre-requisite: Basic knowledges in molecular biology, bachelor level.
Validation: Statement of accomplishment.
Language:The course can be provided in english or french upon request.
Parcourir les formations en Biosciences