Continuing Education for the use of live animals in scientific purposes # 2: experimental projects, severity classification criteria of scientific procedures performed on animals (Rodents)
In addition to specific training, the use of live animals for scientific purposes requires a continuous training of 3 days every 6 years.
This training day validates one day of continuing education to be included in the skills booklet.
- have fundamental knowledge of the physiology of pain
- recognize the signs of pain and to adopte appropriate care and monitoring strategies
- be able to evaluate the degree of severity of an experimental procedure; assigning a procedure to a particular category
- know the 3R rule and the ethical device in animal research
- how to write a project authorization
- pain, endpoints, euthanasia
- evaluation of the severity of an experimental procedure
- the 3R rule
- the ethical device in animal research
- project authorization
PEDAGOGY, METHODS AND TOOLS
- Practical training.
- Teaching materials, bibliography and documentation are given to the participants.
- Teaching method adapted to acquire the strategic laws.
- Instructors: Professor of Genetics and Researcher, experts in use of live animals for scientific purposes.
Competency Development Action Category:
Formation: Professional training.
Field: use of live animals for scientific purposes .
Duration: 1 day
Number of participants: from 4 to 20.
Price: 450 €
Location: Campus Pierre et Marie Curie- Paris (Jussieu Paris ).
Schedule: upon request
Public :Technicians, engineers, researchers, teachers-researchers, doctoral students.
Pre-requisite: Basic knowledges in the use of live animals in scientific purposes .
Validation: Statement of accomplishment.
Language:The course can be provided in english or french upon request.
Parcourir les formations en Biosciences