Continuing Education for the use of live animals in scientific purposes # 3: rodent breeding colony management
In addition to specific training, the use of live animals for scientific purposes requires a continuous training of 3 days every 6 years.
This training day validates one day of continuing education to be included in the skills booklet.
- know how to choose an animal model the most suitable for the planned studies
- know the rules of management of a rodent facility
- be familiar with the requirements of the animal care program
- be warned about transportation rules for animals used for scientific purposes
- panel of the different organisms used in animal research
- reasoned management of an animal facility :
parameters related to reproduction
importance of phenotyping and genotyping of transgenic lines
- rules for developing an animal program in an animal facility
- transportation of animals used for scientific purposes
PEDAGOGY, METHODS AND TOOLS
- Practical training.
- Teaching materials, bibliography and documentation are given to the participants.
- Teaching method adapted to acquire the strategic laws.
- Instructors: Professor of Genetics and Researcher, experts in use of live animals for scientific purposes.
Competency Development Action Category:
Formation: Professional training.
Field: use of live animals for scientific purposes .
Duration: 1 day
Number of participants: from 4 to 20.
Price: 450 €
Location: Campus Pierre et Marie Curie- Paris (Jussieu Paris ).
Schedule: upon request
Public :Technicians, engineers, researchers, teachers-researchers, doctoral students.
Pre-requisite: Basic knowledges in the use of live animals in scientific purposes .
Validation: Statement of accomplishment.
Language:The course can be provided in english or french upon request.
Parcourir les formations en Biosciences